Mmmmm Sunday night dinner – always brings back memories of when I was as a kid and mom would make something special to bring all the family together. Such a treat. This Sunday we tried a cut that we have not had in a long long time. A frenched pork rib roast from Stonaleen Farm with a mustard garlic rub. Well I must say – it was divine and we will be adding it to our product list so others can enjoy it too!
Here’s how we did ours…
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Apply mustard rub to roast – ingredients below but you can put on any type of seasoning that suits your fancy
- Throw a bunch of veggies around roast in pan (we used chunks of onion, carrots and blue potatoes)
- Pop er in the oven for 10 minutes then turn down over to 325 degrees
- Cook for approx 1 ½ hours or until thermometer read 145 degrees *
- Let set 20-30 minutes – while you make anything else you want to serve with it
Note: *we take ours out when the internal temperature is a bit lower than what some recommend – this is because we let it set for at least 20-30 minutes and the roast continues to cook.
Mustard Garlic Rub:
2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 ½ tsp Herbes de Provence
1 Tbsp Chopped garlic
Squirt or two of Olive Oil