Ordering from Meat Me in the Junction is easy – here’s how we do it. Orders are fulfilled through a 3/4 week order cycle. We let you know the cut-off deadline to order for each cycle and then a week later we go on a road trip to pick up all orders. Once we’re back we send out your invoice along with your pickup/delivery dates and times.
To initiate each order cycle we send out an email to say that the on-line form is open for taking orders. This email also has a link to our current product/price, list with the key dates of the order cycle (order cut-off date, invoice date and delivery date) and lets everyone know of any new products being offered. If you are interested in ordering and would like to be on our Order Cycle mailing list send us a note via the contact form and we will add you to our list.
We are located in the Junction Neighbourhood of Toronto and offer delivery and pick-up services within certain areas of Toronto.
What are the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on our service?
The great increase in demand has resulted in us selling out of many items very quickly. We continue to work with our farmers and processors to do our best to get you all the products we normally have. We hope to have all the items shown as available on the order form if we are not able to get something you ordered we will let you know. We will be unable to put items on hold and will do our best to accommodate special orders – we appreciate your understanding.
Form Closing Date…
During this time we are not able to give a specific closing date for the on-line order form. We can only accommodate a certain amount of orders therefore the form will remain open until we hit our max order threshold. Orders and product availability may be limited at this time. If you would like to place an order for a particular delivery cycle we recommend that you do it soon after you receive the email that the form is open.
Payment for Orders…
The only method of payment that we can accept at this time is eTransfer sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment is to be made before delivery. Unfortunately we will not be able to deliver your order if we have not yet received payment.
COVID19 No Contact Delivery
To support recommendations to maintain social distancing during this time we are making available ‘No Contact Delivery’. This will entail you leaving out a cooler, cooler bag, box or regular bag to indicate that you understand that we will drop off your order without contact. We will leave your order outside your door then knock or send you a text message once your order is outside your door.
Are There Order Minimums for Delivery?
Yes. Delivery minimums of $125 to $150 apply within the GTA depending on location.
Can I Pick-up My Order Instead of Delivery?
Unfortunately because of the COVID19 pandemic we are not able to offer pick-up at our locations at this time.
How do I order?
- Follow link to the on-line order form: https://meatmeinthejunction.com/order/mmj-order-form
- Fill in your contact information and enter the quantity of the items you want as you scroll down the product list.
- Click the <Submit Order> button.
Do I need to order on every 3 week cycle?
No – order what you want when you want. If you are on our order notification email list you will still get the heads up emails every 3 weeks – just ignore them until you need to order again.
How do I know how much my order will cost?
All product sizes mentioned in the product/price list are approximate and billed by weight. We cannot provide exact costs of your order until we have returned from picking up for all orders and have the products in hand. Once we have put together everyone’s orders we create your invoice with the exact cost of your order and email it to you.
How do I pay?
- Once we have put your order together we will email you your invoice with the total cost of your order.
- We accept cash, cheque or Interac eTransfer.
- Payment is made upon receipt of your order with cash or cheque or before pick-up/deliver using Interac eTransfer.
When and how do I get my Meat Me in the Junctions products that I ordered?
- You can either request delivery to your home or pick-up at our locations during the set times listed below for each order cycle.
- Delivery times will vary depending on your location (see table below). We will send out specific dates and times for delivery and pick-up in the order cycle notification emails.
Pick-up times for each order cycle (these times may vary):
Thursday 11:00am to 1:30pm
Saturday morning 8:00am to 10:00am
Delivery is based on postal code prefix. You can look-up your postal code prefix in the table below to determine when you can receive delivery. If you postal code is not listed below you can contact us to see if it would be possible to get delivery.
Delivery Time Schedule
|Postal Code Prefix||Wednesday Evening 5-8pm||Thursday Evening 5-8pm||Friday Morning 9am-12pm||Saturday Morning 8am-12pm|
|M6P, M6R, M6S||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|M2N, M2P, M4N, M4P, M4R, M4S, M4T, M4V, M4W, M5M, M5N, M5P, M5R, M6C, M6E, M6G, M6H, M6J, M6K, M6N, M8V, M8X, M8Y, M9A||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|M4J, M4K, M4L, M4M||No||No||Yes||No|
If you are not certain of whether you are in a delivery area send us your address and we will be happy to let you know.
What does delivery cost?
Delivery Fee Schedule
|Postal Code Prefix||Minimum Order||$7.50 Fee||$5.00 Fee||$3.00 Fee||Free Delivery|
|M6P, M6R, M6S, M8X, M8Y||$125.00||n/a||n/a||$125.00 to $150.00||Over $150.00 = Free Delivery|
|M2N, M2P, M4N, M4P, M4R, M4S, M4T, M4V, M4W, M5M, M5N, M5P, M5R, M6C, M6E, M6G, M6H, M6J, M6K, M6N, M8V, M8X, M8Y, M9A||$150.00||n/a||$150.00 to $200.00||n/a||Over $200.00 = Free Delivery|
|M4J, M4K, M4L, M4M||$150.00||$125.00 to $150.00||$150.00 to $200.00||n/a||Over $200.00 = Free Delivery|
|Outside specified Postal Codes (by arrangement)||$250.00||$200.00 to $250.00||n/a||n/a||Over $300.00 = Free Delivery|
Note for Pick-Up orders – There is NO minimum order size or delivery fee if you are picking up your order during one of the scheduled pick-up times.
How does Delivery Work?
We offer delivery to areas of Toronto which are defined by postal code prefix (see table above). You do not need to be home to receive delivery. If you are not available to answer the door we have a drop-off option for delivery.
- We deliver to your home at the selected delivery date and time.
- Someone is required to answer the door to receive and pay for the order.
- Payment can be made prior to delivery via Interac eTransfer or at time of delivery with cash or cheque.
- We deliver to you home at the selected delivery date and time but you do not need to answer the door.
- Place a cooler or cooler bags with ice-pack(s) in it on your front porch during your delivery time.
- If you are paying via Interac eTransfer please send your email transfer to email@example.com prior to your delivery time.
- If you are paying with cash or cheque put your payment under or in the cooler.
- We will place your order into the coolers/bags, ring your bell/knock to indicate that your order is there then hop off to the next delivery. * Please ensure that your order is not left outside in cooler for more than 2-3 hours on warm days to ensure products do not defrost.
If you have any questions about our ordering, payment, delivery etc. processes please do not hesitate to contact us and ask!