We have discovered with pork, as with all the meats we select at Meat Me in the Junction, that when animals are raised humanely and are fed natural healthy feed without the use of appetite stimulants (such as antibiotics in the feed) and growth promoting hormones the result is not only a healthier food product for us it is much more flavourful and enjoyable meat.
Some of the criteria that must be met for the pork we select are:
- Animals come from a local farm.
- Animals are not given antibiotics or hormones.
- Animals must be raised in a natural and ethical environment.
- Sausages made from pork must be made without fillers and preservatives and are gluten-free.
- Smoked products must be naturally smoked and use minimal preservatives.